Death toll of Beirut Port blasts rose to 154 on Friday as Lebanon bids fare well to the victims of the massive explosions described as a national catastrophe by Lebanese officials.
Health Minister Hamad Hasan said that the massive blasts have killed so far 154 and injured more than 5,000 other, noting that many other people have been still missing.
Minister Hasan said that at least 20 percent of the injured people have been hospitalized, noting that of around 5,000 wounded at least 120 people are in critical condition.
“Due to shattered glass many people are suffering from critical injuries that require delicate surgeries,” Hasan was quoted as saying by local media.
Al-Manar correspondent reported that rescue teams have been continuing efforts in a bid to find survivors. The correspondent added that 4 bodies were recovered from Beirut Port in the last 24 hours, noting that French and Russian teams were taking part in these efforts.
Meanwhile, Lebanon is witnessing on Friday the third day of national mourning announced by the Higher Defense Council which urgently convened on the day of the massive blasts on Tuesday. The council declared Beirut a devastated city.
Different Lebanese cities and towns were bidding farewell to the victims of the blasts which also turned the houses in Beirut shattered, leaving nearly a third of a million people homeless.